Inkslingers is the workshop partnership of Sue Reynolds and James Dewar, both long-standing writing facilitators, both trained and certified in the AWA method of leading writing groups.
Inkslingers offers workshops and retreats for both emerging and established writers in the following formats:
· A Novel Approach – an ongoing, year-long workshop to produce a full length memoir or fiction manuscript – in person or as an online mentorship.
· Shorter workshops – sometimes 6, 8 or 10 weeks, sometimes offered through Blue Heron Books in Uxbridge, sometimes in community settings, or from their woodland home.
· One on one online mentorships for writers working on a longer project.
· One Day Sanctuaries out of their home on 500 acres of wilderness near Uxbridge/Port Perry, Ontario
· International Retreats – they’ve taken combined yoga and writing retreats to Italy, Ireland and Costa Rica. 2017 will be in Scotland.
· Shorter residential retreats in Canada – working on a combined horseback riding/writing retreat in Western Canada for 2017
Participants in workshops by Sue and James have gone on to win prizes and awards, as well as obtaining contracts with highly respected agents and traditional publishers.